Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Former Cents AP Scott Morisseau Traded in the KIJHL for Former Cents Tryout Josh McGladery:

Former Centennials affiliate player F Scott Morisseau (91) has been traded in the KIJHL from Fernie to Castlegar for F Josh McGladery (92) and future considerations.

Morisseau played two games with the Cents during the 2009-10 season, posting two goals. McGladery was with the Cents through training camp and the exhibition season last year before being released and ultimately joining the Rebels.

Here's how the deal breaks down...

To Castlegar:
F Scott Morisseau (91)

To Fernie:
F Josh McGladery (92) + Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Rider News blog (over on the left):

The Fernie Ghostriders have traded the CHA playing rights of Scott Morisseau, 1991 to the Castlegar Rebels for Josh McGladery and future considerations. We wish Scott the best of luck with his new team and thank you for his time in Fernie.

Josh skates very well and is very hard to play against. McGladery who is 5'10, 180 Pounds and shoots left, will suit up on the blue line for your Riders. Josh played forward this past season yet he has played many years on the blue-line and he will bring a much needed toughness and confidence to our defense core. Josh is planning on attending a Junior 'A' camp and we wish him well with his tryout for Junior 'A.' Welcome to Fernie.