Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cents Defenceman Kam Crawford Joins Wenatchee Wild of NAHL:

It's been rumoured for a long time and now Cents coach and GM Luke Pierce has been able to confirm with me that D Kam Crawford (91) won't be back in Merritt this season.

Crawford, who asked to be moved for his final year of junior hockey, is trying out with the Wenatchee Wild of the North American Hockey League and is listed on their training camp roster.

If Crawford doesn't make the Wild team this season, the Centennials will still hold his Canadian junior 'A' playing rights unless they release him. If they do, he'll be free to sign with any other junior 'A' team in Canada. The Cents don't need to release Crawford should he want to play junior 'B' this season.

Kam's a good guy who wore a letter for the Centennials last season and I'd like to wish him all the best wherever his final season of junior hockey takes him.

With Crawford and Max Vallis out of the picture for now, the Cents roster looks like this heading into training camp:

Forwards
Evan Stack (91)
Steve Wall (91)
Chad Brears (91)
David Sabey (91)
Silvan Harper (92)
Brent Fletcher (92)
Dustin Lebrun (92)
Sean Maktaak (92)
Dylan Playfair (92)
Jakob Reichert (93)
Regan Soquila (93)

Defencemen
Billy Marshall (91)
Brandon Pfeil (92)
Richard Sabourin (92)
Reece Willcox (94)
Dylan Chanter (95)

Goaltenders
Lino Chimienti (91)
Tyler Steel (93)

I'll have a pre-training camp interview with Luke posted sometime tomorrow as things are starting to get busy, hockey season is almost here!