Monday, July 4, 2011

Salmon Arm Tabs Colin O'Hara as Head Coach and GM:

Salmon Arm officially replaced Tim Kehler as Head Coach/GM today, turning to a familiar face for the job.

Here's from the Backs website:

The Salmon Arm SilverBacks Hockey Club is pleased to officially announce the hiring of Colin O’Hara as the Head Coach/ General Manager. Colin has rejoined the SilverBacks signing a 3 year contract with the club.

Colin served as Associate coach of the SilverBacks last season. Previously he was Head Coach and General Manager of the Nipawin Hawks of the SJHL for two seasons. Colin has also worked on staff for the Vernon Vipers and Quesnel Millionaires of the BCHL prior to his appointment in Nipawin.

"I am excited to continue to work with a program as strong as the one here in Salmon Arm. I would like to thank Randy and Terry Williams for this opportunity and look forward to continue the strong working relationship that was established last season." says new coach Colin O'Hara

"We are looking forward to having Colin rejoining our organization, while he was with our organization last season we developed a strong relationship, his experiences as a player and coach will assist in the development of our organization and his coaching resume will undoubtedly make us a stronger program." said owner Randy Williams

The SilverBacks are pleased to welcome Colin and his wife Erin, along with their three daughters Karsen (10), Brooklyn (7), and Adysin (6) to the community of Salmon Arm.

To contact Colin O'Hara please call 250-832-3856 ext 106.