Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cents Booster Club Announces AGM:

One of the most important groups that ensures the survival of the Centennials year after year is the Booster Club. They've announced their annual general meeting for 2011, hope to see a big crowd there.

Here's from the Cents website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC – July 27, 2011

The Merritt Centennials Booster Club would like to invite all residents of the Nicola Valley to its Annual General Meeting on Monday, August 8, 2011 at 7 p.m. at the Ska-Lu-La Workshop at 1775 Coldwater Avenue.

The evening will consist of reports on booster club finances for the 2010-11 fiscal year and the election of the 2011-12 Board of Directors. Nominations for the Board of Directors will be permitted from the floor during the meeting.

“We'd like to hear from you even if you only have a few spare hours a month to donate, any amount of volunteer time is a huge help,” said Cents Booster Club President Betty Doberstein. “As part of our fundraising, we do catering and bar services for any event, and even have a full supply of dishes for rent at a reasonable rate.”

For further information, please contact Cents Booster Club President Betty Doberstein at 250-378-6940 or bettydoberstein@hotmail.com or Secretary Rusty Brewer at 250-378-4744 or rustybrewer@hotmail.com