Monday, June 6, 2011

Former Cents tryout Jackson Playfair signs with Langley:

Jackson Playfair, who attend Cents training camp last season and spring camp this season, has been signed by the BCHL's Langley Rivermen.

Here's from the Langley Advance newspaper:

On Thursday, the team also signed 11 new players for the 2011/12 season, including Jackson Playfair, the son of Abbotsford Heat head coach Jim Playfair.

“The new ownership coming in was something exciting that’s going to be good for the community,” the junior Playfair said. “Seeing how the community supports the team, I think that’s going to be huge. I wanted to play as close to home as I could. Having the opportunity to be close to family is a pretty big thing for me, personally.”

Playfair, a 6’2” forward who turns 17 on June 8 and scored 31 points with the Major Midget League’s Fraser Valley Bruins last season, said he is excited to make the jump to junior A hockey. “I think I’ve prepared myself physically and mentally to be able to step into the league and be able to condition myself to play here.”