Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cents Awards Ceremony Tonight:

The Cents hand out their hardware tonight at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Merritt. There are a number of awards which I can't name candidates because I don't know which players meet the criteria, but I thought I'd give it a shot for the other awards. Last season's winner is in brackets and my candidates for this year are below.

Most Improved Player: (Matt Mazzarolo)
* Evan Stack
* Sean Maktaak
* Reece Willcox

Academic Scholar: (Cole Holowenko)
* I'm unsure of all the players marks, but the ones who are in school are eligible for the award.

Most Promising Player: (Silvan Harper)
* Regan Soquila
* Reece Willcox
* Tyler Steel

Most Game Winning Goals: (Dustin Johnson/Colton Sobchak)
* Based on stats, this award will go to Jeff Jones and Max Vallis as they had 3 GWG each during the season.

Leading Scorer: (Dustin Johnson)
* Jeff Jones (22g, 37a in 59 games)

Best Plus-Minus: (David Sabey)

Most Gentlemanly Player: (Stephen Wall)
* Evan Stack
* Regan Soquila
* Reece Willcox

Rookie of the Year: (Jeff Jones)
* Regan Soquila
* Jakob Reichert
* Reece Willcox

Best Defenceman: (Steve Tresierra)
* Steve Tresierra
* Billy Marshall
* Reece Willcox

Joe Tennant Award - Most Dedicated Player: (Steve Tresierra)
* Steve Tresierra
* Regan Soquila
* Steve Wall

Unsung Hero: (Jeff Zmurchyk/Derek Hills)
* Brent Fletcher
* Blaine Bokenfohr
* Silvan Harper

Leadership & Ability: (Jordan Soquila)
* Steve Tresierra
* Lino Chimienti
* Steve Wall

Most valuable player: (Jordan Soquila)
* Jeff Jones
* Lino Chimienti
* Steve Tresierra

Friend of Ska-Lu-La: (Steve Tresierra)

I'll have a summary of the award winners later tonight and hopefully audio from each of the winners tomorrow or Monday.