Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cents Potential Playoff Opponents:

It seems like the Cents have been in sixth place forever and the most common question I get from other fans is, "Who does it look like we'll play in the playoffs?"

With one week to go in the 2010-11 BCHL regular season, there are four teams that could still finish third and face the Centennials starting on February 26. Let's have a look at those teams and their remaining schedules.

1. Vernon Vipers (33-11-4-9)
Remaining games: @ Merritt, vs. Trail, vs. Quesnel
Cents Record vs. Vernon this season: 3-1-0-1 (4 of 5 games have gone in OT, Merritt is 3-0-0-1 in the extra frame)

2. Salmon Arm Silverbacks (37-17-2-0)
Remaining games: @ Powell River, @ Langley, @ Surrey, @ Coquitlam
Cents Record vs. Salmon Arm this season: 0-4-0-2 (Five of the six games have been decided by two goals or less)

3. Penticton Vees (35-17-2-2)
Remaining games: @ Prince George, vs. Westside, vs. Prince George, vs. Quesnel
Cents Record vs. Penticton this season: 0-5-0-1 (Four of the six games have been decided by two goals or less)

4. Westside Warriors (31-19-2-4)
Remaining games: @ Quesnel, @ Penticton, vs. Prince George, vs. Quesnel
Cents Record vs. Westside this season: 5-1-0-0