Monday, January 10, 2011

*Updated* Trade Deadline Report:

Here's a list of trades which have been confirmed from various sources so far:

D Sam Waterfield has been acquired by Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL) from Dawson Creek Rage (NAHL) for future considerations. Waterfield, who has 20 games BCHL experience with Nanaimo and Burnaby, has 14 points (3g, 11a) in 29 games with the Rage this season. . . .

D Justin Fillion (14-27-41 in 44 games) has been traded by Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL) to Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) for D Dylan Nowakowski (4-3-7 in 15 games), who was then traded along with D Mike Puddifant (2-6-8 in 15 games) to Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL) for D Ryan Renz (3-7-10 in 22 games). Renz was then dealt to Vernon Vipers (BCHL) for F Todd Skirving (4-5-9 in 34 games) and future considerations. So it all breaks down like this:

- Prince George gets Skirving and futures
- Vernon gets Renz
- Victoria gets Fillion
- Alberni Valley gets Nowakowski and Puddifant

F RJay Berra (34-21-55 in 45 games) and D Derek Henderson (1-6-7 in 44 games) have been dealt by Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL) to Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL) for D Ben Woodley (6-26-32 in 41 games) and F Dustin Beairsto (4-3-7 in 37 games). . . .

F Nic DeSousa has been acquired by Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL) from Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL). No word at this point what the Smoke Eaters give up to the Spruce Kings. . . .

Although all of these trades have been reported via team personnel or official team websites, it should be noted that no trades are official until signed off by BCHL commissioner John Grisdale and posted on the league website. The league has embargoed the release of all trade details until 10 am tomorrow. Anything I post can be considered "unofficial" until then.

I did talk with Cents coach and GM Luke Pierce tonight and he was trying to acquire a defenceman, whether or not he was successful will become clear tomorrow. Luke did tell me that he thought he had a deal or two done, only to have it fall apart for one reason or another.