Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Head Coach Dave Dupas out in Prince George?
I haven't seen anything about an immediate resignation or dismissal from Prince George Head Coach Dave Dupas, but did notice this on the Spruce Kings website.
If Dupas hasn't been dismissed in PG, then my thinking is that he's welcome to throw his hat in the ring to be the next bench boss of the Spruce Kings and the team's Board of Directors is interested in seeing which other candidates for the job are out there.
However, the question is whether or not this makes Dupas a lame duck coach for the remainder of the season or if these final dozen games are an audition for him to prove himself moving ahead to next season.
Seeking Applications for Head Coach
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
The Prince George Spruce Kings are seeking a Head Coach who will report through the General Manager and Hockey Operations Committee to the Board of Directors. This is a full time position based in Prince George B.C. The successful candidate will be a positive and professional leader with strong communication skills, proper hockey certifications and extensive coaching experience.
The primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Lead a highly competitive Junior 'A' program consistent with the Spruce Kings core values being strength, courage, passion and dedication.
* Define and facilitate team and individual goals.
* Formulate, document and execute a full season plan including conditioning and preparation strategies.
* Adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct consistent with the expectations of the Prince George Spruce Kings and the BCHL.
* Assist in Identification camp and hockey school.
* Clearly understand the British Columbia Hockey League Hockey Operations and Discipline documents, BC Hockey, Junior A Supplement and Hockey Canada rules.
* Communicate successfully with all parties associated with the team’s operations, including community groups and media.
* Promote Prince George as a destination of choice for prospective athletes, utilizing an active and focused recruitment plan.
* Document communication with prospective athletes and their families in a concise manner.
* Promote a positive and attractive program to prospective recruits.
* Maintain positive relations and communication with Junior 'A' and Junior 'B' teams along with minor hockey teams and associations.
* Maintain positive communication with NCAA and CIS schools and NHL personnel.
Please email resume and expression of interest to Darcy Buryn. No phone calls please. All resumes and inquiries will be handled in the strictest of confidence.
Resume Deadline: February 25, 2011
The Prince George Spruce Kings wish to thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.