Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fernie Adds Two Players with Ties to Merritt:

The KIJHL's Fernie Ghostriders continue to load up for a Cyclone Taylor Cup championship run this spring as the host team.

The Ghostriders have added two players who have ties to the Centennials.

First, forward Briar McNaney (93), who attended Cents training camp both this past August and the year before has joined Fernie as an affiliate player after being released by Creston Valley. McNaney, who's from Merritt, has ten points in 31 games this season.

Second, forward Luke Richardson (90), who was signed by the Cents as an affiliate player last season after attending their training camp in August, was picked up from the Kelowna Chiefs. Richardson has been a scoring force in the KIJHL during his career, notching 125 points in 121 career games. Here's the word from the Ghostriders:
We have acquired Luke Richardson, 5'10", 165 from the Kelowna Chiefs for future considerations. We are excited to add Luke to our line-up as he comes to us with experience as he won a gold medal last year at the Keystone Cup with the Revelstoke Grizzlies. Luke was named the MVP of the Keystone Cup. Richardson is a proven playoff performer with 14 goals, 22 assists in 34 games. Luke has experience in both the Cycone Taylor Cup and the Keystone Cup. We are really excited to add Luke to our line-up.

Both Richardson and McNaney join former Centennials assistant captain Jeff Zmurchyk, former affiliate players Scott Morisseau and Evan Burgess, and former try-outs Jordan Hirano and Josh McSkimming on Fernie's roster.