Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekend Recap, Cents Fan Bus, Cents Sign Brent Fletcher:

WEEKEND RECAP

After their best stretch of the season which saw the team pick up three of four points and four of a possible six, I talked with Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce about the games against Penticton and Coquitlam, plus the play of AP's Payton Schaefer and Brent Fletcher and the upcoming stretch of games against Powell River, Westside, Quesnel and Prince George.

Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

CENTS FAN BUS TO WESTSIDE

The Cents also have a Fan Bus organized for Saturday's game in Westside and it's in jeopardy due to lack of response. It's just $40 including ticket to the game and return trip to West Kelowna. I had Cents Marketing Manager Maddison Canuel on the show this morning to talk about it.

Cents Marketing Manager Maddison Canuel

Click here to download

CENTS SIGN BRENT FLETCHER

The Cents have signed forward Brent Fletcher after AP'd with the team three times already this season.

Here's the official release:

The Merritt Centennials are pleased to announce the signing of 18-year-old forward Brent Fletcher.

Fletcher, who's from New Westminster, has played three games with the Cents as an affiliate player this season, posting two goals.

He's spent most of the 2010-11 season with the Ridge-Meadows Flames of the Pacific International Junior Hockey League. With the Flames, Fletcher led all team rookies in scoring with four goals and three assists in 12 games.

"Brent impressed us through training camp and exhibition and was very close to making our team at the start of the season," said Cents Head Coach and GM Luke Pierce. "Based on his play as an affiliate player with us this season, we believe Brent will be a solid contributor for the next three years and we're looking forward to seeing him in a Centennials jersey on a regular basis."