Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cents Make Roster Moves, Cents Icebreaker Fundraiser This Saturday, Cents Weekend Road Trip Recap:

Here I am with another lame apology for the lack of updates lately, things are just really busy with work and home, etc. so please bear with me if I don't update as often as I'd like.

CENTS TRADE MACMILLAN

Cents coach/GM Luke Pierce mentioned to me that they were looking to carry fewer than the 24 players they were and now they are down to 22 players after yesterday. With a 1-6-0-0 start, there was a feeling that something was going to give in terms of the line-up too. Here's the official release from Merritt Centennials.com:

Merritt, BC - September 28, 2010

The Merritt Centennials announced today that they have traded forward Alexander MacMillan (90) to the Calgary Mustangs of the AJHL for future considerations.

MacMillan appeared in six games with the Cents this season, notching one assist and six penalty minutes.

The Calgary product was originally acquired by Merritt in a three way deal during the 2008-09 season involving the AJHL's Spruce Grove Saints and Drayton Valley Thunder, and posted one assist in 12 games in his first season with the Centennials.

He had eleven goals and twelve assists along with 27 minutes in penalties in 43 games last season.

The Cents would like to thank Alexander for his contributions during the last three season and wish him the best as he plays his final season of junior 'A' hockey with the Mustangs.

CENTS RELEASE LACHANCE

The Cents also cut forward Justin Lachance loose yesterday to get down to roster numbers. Here's the release:

Merritt, BC - September 28, 2010

The Merritt Centennials announced today the release of forward Justin Lachance (92).

Lachance, who's from Coquitlam, BC, appeared in three games with the Cents this season, notching one goal.

The Cents would like to thank Justin for his contributions this season and wish him the best in his future endeavours.

This morning, I talked to Luke about the moves of the last 24 hours.

Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

CENTS WEEKEND RECAP

Now prior to yesterday's moves, I talked to Luke about how things went on the weekend, ideas about the roster, etc. Keep in mind that the interview was recorded before the announcement of the MacMillan trade and the Lachance release.

Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

CENTS ICEBREAKER THIS SATURDAY

The Cents biggest fundraiser of the year is coming up this Saturday with your truly as the emcee! I hope to see a huge crowd, it should be blast!

I chatted with one of the organizers, Mischelle Pierce, about the event on the morning show today.

Mischelle Pierce, one of the Cents Icebreaker organizers