Friday, September 10, 2010

2010-11 Merritt Centennials Roster, Opening Night:

I apologize for the lack of blogging in the past week, with this being a short work week, our first Cents broadcast tonight, my annual trip to speak to the students at BCIT on Wednesday and the fact that Cents coach and GM Luke Pierce was battling an awful cold all adds up to not having any time or info to blog about. That being said, there's now LOTS to talk about!

(Cents goaltender Jared Andersen)

Jared Andersen is one of a handful of newcomers for the Cents this season. There are nine returning players, one new addition with junior A experience, and 13 rookies.

Here's Cents coach/GM Luke Pierce with his thoughts on the roster:

Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

It's here! Finally it's opening night for the Centennials and the rest of the BCHL.

Forwards
7 - Alexander MacMillan (90) (3rd BCHL season in Merritt)
8 - Silvan Harper (92) (2nd BCHL season in Merritt)
9 - Evan Stack (91) (1st BCHL season, played one season for Princeton in the KIJHL)
10 - Max Vallis (91) (1st BCHL season, played two seasons for PF Chang’s Midget AAA U18)
11 - Jeff Jones (91) (2nd BCHL season in Merritt)
12 - Regan Soquila (93) (1st BCHL season, played one season for Vancouver NE Chiefs in the BCMML)
14 - Dustin Johnson (90) (4th BCHL season, third with Merritt)
15 - Jakob Reichert (93) (1st BCHL season, played one season for Revelstoke in the KIJHL)
16 - Sean Maktaak (92) (1st BCHL season, played two seasons for Columbia Valley in the KIJHL)
17 - David Sabey (91) (2nd BCHL season in Merritt)
18 - Justin Lachance (92) (1st BCHL season, played one season for Abbotsford in the PIJHL
19 - Chad Brears (91) (1st BCHL season, played one season for Princeton in the KIJHL)
21 - Dustin Lebrun (92) (1st BCHL season, played two seasons for Vancouver NE Chiefs in the BCMML)
22 - Steve Wall (91) (2nd BCHL season with Merritt)
26 - Dylan Playfair (92) (1st BCHL season, played one season for Penticton in the KIJHL)

Defence
2 - Billy Marshall (91) (1st BCHL season, played two seasons for Princeton in the KIJHL)
3 - Reece Willcox (94) (1st BCHL season, played for the Surrey Thunder AAA)
4 - Steve Tresierra (90) (4th BCHL season, third in Merritt)
24 - Richard Sabourin (1st BCHL season, played one season for Okanagan Rockets in the BCMML
25 - Brandon Pfeil (1st BCHL season, played two seasons for Grandview in the PIJHL)
27 - Jeff Zmurchyk (3rd BCHL season, second in Merritt)
28 - Kameran Crawford (2nd BCHL season in Merritt)

Goaltenders
1 - Jared Andersen (1st BCHL season, played two seasons for Canmore and Grand Prairie in the AJHL)
35- Tyler Steel (1st BCHL season, played one season for Sicamous in the KIJHL)

I also had the chance to chat with Luke Pierce about tonight's game and their opponent, the Trail Smoke Eaters.

Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce