Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cents Release Training Camp Schedule, Bob Dever Interview, Recent Moves:

With training camp just four days away, the Cents have released the full schedule of activities for next week. And yes, the Intrasquad Game is the first ever grudge match between Team Q101 (coached by me and play-by-play announcer Alex Grebenyuk) and Team Merritt News (coached by editor John O'Connor). Come out to cheer on your favourite!

Here's the schedule as published on the Cents website:

The Merritt Centennials are pleased to announce their 2010-11 Training Camp schedule. (Subject to change without notice).

Monday August 23rd, 2010

Registration: 9:00am – 11:00am
(NV Memorial Arena - Upstairs)

White vs. Gold
1:00pm – 2:15pm
Red vs. Black
2:45pm – 4:00pm
Blue vs. Grey
4:30pm – 5:45pm

Goaltender Session: 6:15pm – 7:15pm

Parent / Player Meeting: 7:45pm – 8:30pm
(NV Memorial Arena – Upstairs)

Tuesday August 24th, 2010

Blue vs. White: 8:30am – 9:45am
Red vs. Gold: 10:15am – 11:30am
Black vs. Grey: 12:00pm – 1:15pm
Blue vs. Gold: 1:45pm – 3:00pm
Black vs. White: 3:30pm – 4:45pm
Red vs. Grey: 5:15pm – 6:30pm

Wednesday August 25th, 2010

Ice Time
Grey vs. Gold: 8:30am – 9:45am
1st release of players and evaluation
(Coaching staff will meet with each player)

Ice Time
White vs. Red: 11:00am – 12:15pm
2nd release of players and evaluation
(Coaching staff will meet with each player)

Ice Time
Black vs. Blue: 1:30pm – 2:45pm
3rd release of players and evaluation
(Coaching staff will meet with each player)

Each player is responsible to come fully equipped with equipment checked and properly maintained. CHA rules apply for mandatory equipment use. All midget aged players must wear all mandatory equipment including neck guard and full-face shield. Mouth guards, must be worn at ALL time by ALL players! Also remember to bring proper footwear and sweat suits to participate in fitness testing activities. Individuals will not be issued a jersey without first checking in and fully paying camp fee, which is $150.00.

Main Camp 2010 Part II
August 25th – 27th

Wednesday August 25th, 2010

Practice
Blue/White: 5:15pm – 6:15pm
Red/Black: 6:45pm – 7:45pm

Thursday August 26th, 2010

Fitness Testing
Red/Black: 8:30am – 10:00am
Blue/White: 10:00am – 11:30am

Ice Time
Red vs. Black: 12:30pm – 1:45pm
Blue vs. White: 2:15pm – 3:30pm

Goaltender Session 4:00pm – 5:00pm

Ice Time
Red vs. White: 5:30pm – 6:45pm
Black vs. Blue: 7:15pm – 8:30pm

Friday August 27th, 2010

Ice Time
Black vs. White: 8:30am – 9:45am
Player Interviews: 10:00am – 11:00am

Ice Time
Blue vs. Red: 11:00am – 12:15pm
Player Interviews: 12:30pm – 1:30pm

*All remaining players will participate in the Annual Intrasquad game. Subsequent meetings for all remaining players will occur in the later afternoon.

2010 Merritt Centennials Intrasquad Game

TEAM
Q101

VS.

TEAM
MERRITT NEWS

Warm Up 5:55pm
Game Time: 6:30pm

*Final Evaluation
(Coaching staff will meet with all players remaining in camp)

(Former Cents player and assistant coach Bob Dever)

I had the chance to chat with former Cents player and assistant coach Bob Dever yesterday morning about his move from the Budapest Stars U18 team and Hungary U18 team to the Miskolci Jegesmedvék JSE club.

Miskolci Jegesmedvék JSE Head Coach Bob Dever

Click here to download

Bob and I plan to stay in touch through the season and any conversations I air on the Q101 Morning Show, I'll also post here.

Meanwhile, here are the recent moves of ex-BCHLers around the world:

F Soloman McCann (Prince George/Quesnel, 2004-07) has signed a one year contract with Lämärit (Finland II-divisioona). McCann spent last season with Park City Pioneers (USSED) and Madison Ice Muskies (AAHL). He had an astonishing 21 goals and 16 assists in nine games with the Pioneers and 12 goals and 12 assists in 21 games with the Ice Muskies. . . .

F Taylor Holst (Cowichan Valley/Quesnel, 2007-10) has passed up a scholarship to the University of North Dakota to sign a one year deal with EC Salzburg II (Austria Nationalliga). Holst had 27 goals and 30 assists in 55 games with Quesnel Millionaires (BCHL) last season. . . .

F Matt Robinson (Surrey, 2003-04) inked a one year contract with Laredo Bucks (CHL) for the 2010-11 season. Robinson, who's from Surrey, had 28 goals and 27 assists in 51 games with Stockton Thunder (ECHL) and three goals and six assists in 12 games with Johnstown Chiefs (ECHL) last season. . . .