Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mitch Jones Back in BCHL:

It didn't take long for D Mitch Jones (91) to be back with a BCHL team. The league website reports today that Jones has been acquired by Surrey Eagles from Huntsville Otters (OJHL).

I haven't been able to find any record of Jones being traded from Grande Prairie to Huntsville, but obviously that's what happened because the Centennials traded his junior 'A' rights to the Storm last month for future considerations and goaltender Jared Andersen.

Now there's going to be a lot of speculation as to why Jones has been traded twice in the last month, my guess is that he didn't report to Grande Prairie and subsequently was moved to Huntsville. I have no idea what the circumstances are that sees him dealt to Surrey, but for his sake, I hope this is the last of the moves.

I never had a problem personally with Mitch, he was always great to deal with for me, but there are definitely going to be question marks about a player who's entering just his second season of junior 'A' and has had his rights owned by six different teams.

1 comment:

  1. To be fair Brian these kinds of deals happen all the time when a player doesn't want to switch leagues his rights get tossed around to make a deal work with a desired destination.

    ReplyDelete