Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cents Trade Matt Mazzarolo to Surrey, Jakob Reichert Audio, Minor Lacrosse & Minor Softball Notes:

Man, the Centennials have been keeping this blogger busy in the last couple of weeks with a lot of news. Don't think for a second that I'm complaining, I wouldn't want it any other way!

(Former Cents defenceman Matt Mazzarolo)

Cents head coach and GM Luke Pierce continues to tinker with his roster heading into the 2010-11 season as defenceman Matt Mazzarolo (90) was traded yesterday to the Surrey Eagles for future considerations. Here's the release from the team:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC – June 15, 2010

The Merritt Centennials announced today that they have traded defenceman Matt Mazzarolo (90) to Surrey of the BCHL for future considerations.

Mazzarolo appeared in 58 games with the Cents last season, tallying 4 goals, 13 assists and 105 penalty minutes.

The Surrey product was originally signed by Merritt in June of 2008 and posted 1 goal, 6 assists and 110 penalty minutes in 54 games in 2008-09 as a rookie.

Prior to that, Mazzarolo skated with Beaver Valley and Columbia Valley of the KIJHL, winding up with 1 goal, 16 assists and 87 penalty minutes in his lone season in the Junior B circuit.

-30-

For further information, please contact Cents head coach and GM Luke Pierce at 250-378-3607.

The Merritt Centennials, proudly celebrating 37 years as the BCHL's longest continuously run franchise, are a non-profit, community owned Junior 'A' Hockey Club run by a dedicated team of investors, directors, and volunteers.

I talked to Luke about the trade yesterday afternoon.

Cents Head Coach/GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

I'll take a look at the Centennials updated roster and have further analysis on the trade later today or early tomorrow.

Also, on the heels of the Jakob Reichert signing, I had the chance to talk to the 16-year-old on my morning show today.

New Cents forward Jakob Reichert

Click here to download

Luke Pierce also weighed in with his thoughts about the signing.

Cents Head Coach/GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

More good results from the Nicola Valley Thunder minor lacrosse squads. PR Director Shauna Clinging sent these results yesterday morning.

Contain-It Storage Bantam Thunder were on the road last night against Kamloops 3. The Nicola Valley team came home with a 9-2 win. Goals were scored by Jarod Murphy (3) Brody Tod (2), Kristian Stead (2), Brayden Thormoset (1).

And Kris Narjes, who handles PR for the Merritt Minor Softball Association, passed along these scores this morning from last night. Way to go!

Merritt teams had 3 games in Kamloops Tuesday night. All successful. The Merritt Squirt Boys beat the Kamloops squirt girls 22-11. Merritt pee wee girls had a close one with Kamloops Bantam house team, beating them 22-19 and the Merritt Bantam boys beat Clearwater Bantam boys 14-12. In that game, Bradley Colter had a 2-run RBI triple.

1 comment: