Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Catching Up with Luke Pierce, Nicola Valley Minor Lacrosse Scores:

I had the chance to chat with Cents coach and GM Luke Pierce on the morning show today. Luke and I covered off-season roster plans, scouting and post-secondary opportunities for graduating players, Jordan Soquila, Alex Valenti, Ryne Bodger and Lucas Daoust. As Luke mentions in the interview, hopefully something will be finalized for all four guys in the next little while.

Cents Head Coach & GM Luke Pierce

All audio property of Merritt Broadcasting Ltd.

I received another email this morning from Nicola Valley Minor Lacrosse Association PR director Shauna Clinging, outlining the lacrosse action for the local squads over the weekend.

It was a busy weekend for Thunder Lacrosse, on Sunday the Peewees, Bantams and Midgets all traveled to Enderby to face the Shuswap Outlaws association teams.

The Century 21 Peewees battled back and forth in a tight game. Tanner Malloy found the net in the final seconds of the game to give the Peewee Thunder a 4-4 tie.

Merritt Mountain Towing Midget Thunder also came away with a tied score for the day at 7-7.

Contain-It Storage Bantam Thunder had slow start and were down 6-1 at the end of the first period. They stepped up their game for the second and third with the play fairly even between the two sides finished with a 10-4 loss. Kristian Stead found the net 3 times & Brody Tod tallied the other Thunder goal Coach Will Clinging was pleased with the grit and hustle his team showed in the game. "We need to take a look at the first 5 or 10 minutes of our game and make sure we don't fall behind. We are playing well as a team and doing lots of things right and the wins will start to come."

Later in the day the Peewee Thunder traveled to face N. Okanagan 2. The Peewees struggled and suffered an 11-1 defeat with Dakota Grismer-Vogt getting the team's only goal in the game off an assist from Pay Beatty-Smith.

1 comment: