Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Hockey on Q101, Cents AP Friedrich:

(Team Canada goaltender Roberto Luongo)

I'm very pleased to announce that the paperwork has been signed and Q101 is now a member of the official radio network of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. It means we'll carry as many of the men's hockey games as possible in the next two weeks. The schedule is as follows:

Tuesday February 16th – Canada vs. Norway – 4:00 – 7:30 pm

Thursday February 18th – Canada vs. Switzerland – 4:00 – 7:30 pm

Sunday February 21st – Canada vs. United States – 4:00 – 7:30 pm

Tuesday February 23rd – Qualification Game** (We will not carry this game unless Canada is in it which is not likely)

Wednesday February 24th – Quarter Final Game – 4:00 – 7:30 pm

Friday February 26th – Semi-Final #1 – 11:30 am – 3 pm

Friday February 26th – Semi-Final #2 – 6:00 – 9:30 pm (We will not carry this game if there is a Centennials playoff game this night)

Saturday February 27th – Bronze Medal Game – 6:30 – 10:00 pm (We will not carry this game if there is a Centennials playoff game this night)

Sunday February 28th – Gold Medal Game – 11:30 am – 3 pm

(Revelstoke Grizzlies forward Brad Friedrich)

The Cents have added Brad Friedrich (90) to their roster as an affiliate player. The Winfield product played sparingly in Tuesday 7-3 loss in Vernon. Friedrich was actually signed to an AP card back in January, but I would assume Cents head coach and GM Luke Pierce wasn't sure if he would even wear a Merritt uniform at all, so that's why he wasn't immediately added to the roster.