Wednesday, January 6, 2010

McEwan joins OCN, Hardy with Aldergrove:

(Former Cents forward Joey McEwan, now with OCN of the MJHL)

Glad to see that former Centennials tough guy Joey McEwan (89) found a place to play out his junior hockey career. He's landed with the OCN Blizzard of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League and made quite the impact in his debut tonight against Swan Valley, posting 19 penalty minutes (5 for fighting, 2 for being the aggressor, 2 for cross checking and a game misconduct).

Word is that the Blizzard can use McEwan's toughness. There's more on the OCN squad and Joey joining them on this blog.

(Former Cents forward Thomas Hardy, now with Aldergrove of the KIJHL)

One former Centennials player who's status I missed out on earlier this season is Thomas Hardy (91). When he left Merritt in September, it was my understanding that he was hanging up the skates to focus on his education at UBC. But Hardy joined the PIJHL's Aldergrove Kodiaks at the end of September and has been playing with them ever since, putting up 15 points in 23 games.

Hardy was acquired by the Cents from Burnaby back in June 2009 in exchange for RJay Berra.