Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Penner On The Move Again:

(Cole Penner with the WHL's Prince Albert Raiders)

The much-traveled Cole Penner is on the move again as his junior 'A' rights have been traded by the Cents to the Camrose Kodiaks of the AJHL for future considerations.

The Cents acquired Penner (91) from Grand Prairie back in September for Matt Cumming and although the former first round WHL bantam draft pick was in Merritt earlier this season, he didn't play a game with the Centennials and promptly went home to await another trade after supposedly deciding he didn't want to play in the Nicola Valley. In the meantime, his WHL rights were traded by Prince Albert to Chilliwack for a 12th round bantam draft pick in 2010.

And although he hasn't appeared with the Bruins yet, Boris Rybalka will try to convince the former highly touted prospect to join his AJHL team in Camrose.

As for the futures coming to Merritt, if I were to wager a guess, I'm thinking it's cash coming to the Centennials, but there might be a player involved. We'll have to wait until the end of the season to find out.