Thursday, November 26, 2009

Q&A with Luke Pierce, McEwan Suspended:

I had the chance to talk with Cents interim head coach and GM Luke Pierce this morning ahead of tonight's game at home against Williams Lake.

Although one of the youngest coaches in the BCHL, Luke was always a leader as a player and was even named captain at RMC while playing there.

It'll be interesting to see what effect this has on a Centennials team, which a number of people in this community believe has been underachieving.

Luke and I didn't touch so much on the circumstances behind his promotion, but more what impact he'll have in the new roles.

Cents interim Coach and GM Luke Pierce

Click here to download

All audio property of Merritt Broadcasting Ltd.

Cents forward Joey McEwan will sit out the first of his three game suspension tonight for receiving a match penalty in Sunday's 3-2 loss against Alberni Valley. McEwan got the gate at 19:14 of the first period for hitting Bulldogs goaltender Frank Slubowski. He'll be eligible to return for next Saturday's game in Quesnel.

Former Cents forward Jacob Verheyden is back in BC after being acquired by Quesnel from the Winnipeg Saints of the MJHL for future considerations. Verheyden was first picked up the Saints from the Dauphin Kings before being flipped to the Mills. He's expected to play Saturday when Quesnel visits Merritt. The 20-year-old from Vancouver had 6 points in 66 games with the Cents as a 16-17-year-old during the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons.

1 comment:

  1. We have a few college students online from University-of-Alabama-Huntsville and we love your blog postings, so we will add your rss or news feed for them, Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and we will link to you. Thanks Jen , Blog Manager University-of-Alabama-Huntsville

    ReplyDelete