Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cents vs. Vernon 11-10-09:

I really apologize for the lack of posting lately, it hasn't been due to lack of trying, but having a 14 month old running around the house doesn't leave much time for working on the computer. Plus, I'm working on a MAJOR Cents alumni update that I hope to have posted before the end of the weekend.

---------

The Cents lost 6-1 to the Vipers tonight. Here's the recap from Merritt Centennials.com

Merritt, BC - November 10, 2009

Former Centennial Graeme Gordon made 28 saves for Vernon as the Vipers beat Merritt 6-1 in BC Hockey League action Tuesday at the Nicola Valley Memorial Arena.

Rob Short had two goals to lead the way for the Vipers (22-1-0-0), while Dan Nycholat and Dylan Walchuk each had two points in the win.

Cory Kane, Jonathan Milhouse and Adam Thompson also scored for Vernon.

Mitch Jones, with his first in the BCHL, had the lone goal for the Cents (7-14-0-1) and Cole Holowenko made 37 saves in defeat for Merritt.

The Cents went 0-for-3 on the power play while Vernon was 3-for-6 with the man advantage.

The Centennials next action is Friday as they close out a five game home stand in the first half of a home-and-home series against Langley. Vernon's next game is at home against the Trail Smoke Eaters.

---------

The Cents have added 92-born defenceman Austin Baecker (pronounced Baker) to their roster and he made his debut in a Merritt uniform tonight against the Vipers. Baecker is an 11th round bantam draft pick of the WHL's Lethbridge Hurricans and played last season with the Okanagan Rockets of the BC Major Midget League where he posted 5 goals and 14 assists and 42 PIM in 40 games.