Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cents @ Westside:

Here's the recap of the Cents 5-4 OT loss in Westside from merrittcentennials.com:

West Kelowna, BC - October 4, 2009

Trevor Bailey posted two goals and two assists and Brendan Ellis scored on a power play at 1:45 of overtime to give the Westside Warriors a 5-4 win over the Merritt Centennials on Sunday afternoon.

Westside rallied from a 4-2 third-period deficit to bounce back from a 4-3 loss to Vernon on Friday.

Cam Reid and Grayson Downing also scored for the Warriors while Reid added two assists as well.

Jordan Soquila scored two goals, David Sabey and Alex Valenti also scored for the Centennials, who dropped their second straight game and fifth of their last six. Colton Sobchak chipped in with three assists in the loss. Soquila and Stephen Wall now have assists in two straight games.

Keith Hamilton played the whole game -- his first start with the Centennials since being signed on Friday -- and stopped 44 shots, earning first star honours.

Cam Gorchynski stopped 18 of 22 shots to earn his first career BCHL win in his first career start.

Merritt was 1 for 2 on the power play while Westside went 2 for 3 with the man advantage. The Centennials next game is Tuesday night at home against the Trail Smoke Eaters.

I've also received word that the Cents have made a trade, but I don't know the exact details yet. I should know more tomorrow...