Monday, October 5, 2009

Cents Trade & MSS Volleyball:

The Cents made one trade prior to the weekend. My sources are telling me that they've made another deal, but the details of that trade aren't official yet. Again, I should have more later. Here's what I can report: the Cents shipped defenceman Tyler Miller (91) to his hometown Prince George Spruce Kings in exchange for future considerations. Miller was released by the WHL's Prince George Cougars late last week, with the Cents owning his junior A rights as part of the trade that sent forward Chad Gehon (88) to Westside last season. He didn't want to report to Merritt then, and still didn't so the Cents traded him to PG.

I received an email this morning from Shelly Moorhead, a teacher at Merritt Secondary School with an update on junior girls volleyball action from the weekend.

Good morning here is some info on how we did last weekend Junior Girls volleyball had at tourney at St Ann's Academy in Kamloops - 8 teams, the squad came first in their pool beating Princeton 25-16 25-15, Valleyview 25-18, 19- 25, 16-14 and Saturday they finished the pool play, playing Norkam 25-20, 21-25, and 19-17 - it was an amazing game.

That put the girls into the finals, playing AL Fortune from Vernon beating them 25-20 and 25-19, Semis next where the girls came up short to the home squad of St Ann's 22-25 and 23 - 25.

The girls had a terrific tourney.

Game all-stars - Haley Cooper, Alicia McRae, Kaycee Robinson, Kayla Coutlee and Shayla George.