Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Forsythe Brothers Take Over Cents:

With training camp just days away and the team lacking a head coach and general manager, it didn't take long for the Merritt Centennials to fill both roles.

I've learned that the Cents new coach is Dylan Forsythe. I tried to find some information about Forsythe and my research shows that he was an assistant coach with Neepawa of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League in 2005-06 before being hired as an assistant coach for Sherwood Park of the Alberta Junior Hockey League, a position he held until 2008. I couldn't find any record of coaching at the junior level for Forsythe last season, although he did coach the Central Thrashers at this spring's Alberta Cup tournament.

His brother Tyler is the Cents new general manager and assistant coach. He served as a scout for Sherwood Park last season and was named assistant coach of the Thompson Major Midget Blazers earlier this spring, a position he's resigned from after being hired by the Cents.

I've also learned that the BCHL will issue a release this afternoon at 2 o'clock regarding the Centennials management situation, but at this point it's unknown if the release will only address the resignation of Joey Bouchard or if it will include the hiring of Dylan and Tyler Forsythe.