Friday, August 14, 2009

Former Cents Trainer Paul Ayotte Moves onto the Pros:

Paul Ayotte behind the bench of the Swift Current Broncos

Former Centennials trainer/equipment manager Paul Ayotte has advanced to the pro ranks with the AHL's Toronto Marlies. He's been with the Swift Current Broncos for the past four seasons.

Here's the release from the Broncos website:

Swift Current Broncos General Manager and Head Coach Mark Lamb announced that Athletic Therapist Paul Ayotte has accepted the head athletic therapist position with the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League.

“Paul is a hard working individual that was a great asset to our organization, comments Lamb, we congratulate him on moving up into the professional hockey ranks. We thank him for his dedication to the Broncos and wish him and his wife Tenille the best of luck in Toronto.”

Ayotte, originally from Winnipeg, spent 4 seasons as the head athletic therapist/equipment manager for the Broncos after coming to Swift Current from Merritt of the BC Hockey League. He joins the AHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs as both the Leafs and Marlies have a shared practice facility.

The Broncos will begin the search for a new athletic therapist/equipment manager immediately.