Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cents Training Camp - Day One:

Today was the first day of main camp for the Merritt Centennials. I'm sorry I didn't get to post this sooner, but with Q101 going on the air on Monday, things have been crazy busy around the radio station this week.

34 players, plus veterans, made the cut following rookie camp yesterday. The players have been separated into three different teams for scrimmages that were scheduled for today and are scheduled for tomorrow.

Here's the teams and who they played for last season...

Team White

Matt Luongo (91) - Grandview (PIJHL)

Jake Newman (92) -
Sylvan Harper (92) - Vancouver NE (MML)
Patrick Martens (92) - Ridge Meadows Midget AAA
Payton Schaefer (93) - Thompson Blazers
Jeremy Long (89) - Chase - two seasons ago (KIJHL)
Jesse Kightley (91) - Merritt Minor Hockey
David White (90) - Beverly (CJHL)
Dustin Johnson (90) - Cents
Thomas Hardy (91) - Burnaby (BCHL)
Ryan Murray (93) - Kamloops Midget AAA
Chase McLeod (93) - Thompson Blazers
Steve Tresierra (90) - Cents
Matt Mazzarolo (90) - Cents
James Leonard (93) - Kamloops U16
Braeden Johnson (91) - Campbell River (VIJHL)

Team Black

Bruce Swakum (91) - Merritt Midgets
Quinn Rempel (92) - Salmon Arm Midget AA
Brent Baltus (92) - North Island (MML)
Shawn Maktaak (92) - Creston Valley (KIJHL)
Ben Greenaway (93) - POE
Daniel Chang (91) - Valencia (WSHL)
Daylan Robertson (94) - Merritt Bantams
Rick Battenberg (90) - Squamish (PIJHL)
Alessio Tomasetti (90) - Cents
Michael Nardi (90) - Cents
Kameran Crawford (91) - Grand Forks (KIJHL)
Ryan Skinner (92) - Thompson Blazers
Ryne Bodger (90) - Powell River (BCHL)
Jeff Zmurchyk (90) - Trail (BCHL)
Norbert Biszczak (90) - North Delta (PIJHL)
Cam Dagg (92) - Kamloops Midget AAA
Cody Tent (93) - Williams Lake Midget

Team Red

Duncan Schulz (91) - Kamloops Midget AAA
Sean Pesut (92) - Vancouver NE (MML)
Geoff Doka (92) - Fernie (KIJHL)
Riley Hellekson (92) - Edson Midget AAA
Jordan Hirano (92) - Fernie (KIJHL)
Briar McNaney (93) - Thompson Blazers
Brendan Colter (93) - Merritt Midget AA
Luke Richardson (91) - Sicamous (KIJHL)
Alex Valenti (89) - Cents/North Bay (OJHL)
Gary Rai (90) - Cents
Evan Burgess (92) - Fernie (KIJHL)
Zach MacLellan (92) - Columbia Valley (KIJHL)
Brad Bourke (89) - Cents
Derek Hills (90) - Powell River (BCHL)
Jake Baker (91) - Cents
Michael Tomescu (91) - Abbotsford (PIJHL)
Kyle Nielsen (90) - Cents

Here's Cents GM/Assistant Coach Tyler Forsythe on cut-down day.

Cents GM/Assistant Coach Tyler Forsythe

Click here to download

All audio property of Q101 (Merritt Broadcasting Ltd.)

With today's schedule done, here's what tomorrow's looks like:

Friday, August 28

8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Black vs. Red
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Red vs. White
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM White vs. Black
1:15 PM - 1:30 PM Player Release/Evaluation
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Red-Black Prospects Game
9:30 PM - 9:45 PM - Player Release/Evaluation