Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bouchard Resigns As Cents Head Coach and GM:

I received word today that Joey Bouchard has stepped down as Centennials head coach and GM due to personal reasons. I'm still trying to find out the exact details behind the resignation, although I've learned that there were some irreconcilable differences between Bouchard and the Cents Board of Directors.

I hope to have more on this situation as it develops, but I can confirm that the Cents have a new coach and GM in place and that camp will start next Sunday night as scheduled.

There's speculation from Fred Harbinson on Ryan Pinder's Vees blog that the home and home exhibition games between Merritt and Penticton may be cancelled, but I can confirm that they will happen as scheduled.