Sunday, July 19, 2009

Former Cents Forward Don Nachbaur Named Head Coach of the Binghamton Senators:

First off, I apologize for the lack up updates, I`ve been on vacation for the past six days.

This is from Greg Drinnan`s Taking Note blog, as another former Centennials player has moved up in the coaching ranks:

The Binghamton Senators, the AHL affiliate of the NHL’s Ottawa Senators, named Don Nachbaur their head coach on Friday.
Nachbaur joins the Senators after six seasons as head coach of the WHL’s Tri-City Americans. He replaces Curtis Hunt, who left Binghamton to return as head coach of the Regina Pats.
Nachbaur, 50, leaves behind a rather enviable record. No, he didn’t win a WHL championship but he and GM Bob Tory lifted the Americans’ franchise to heights it had never before seen, including two U.S. Division titles and a spot in the Western Conference final.
“I’ve never given a resignation before,” Nachbaur told Annie Fowler of the Tri-City Herald. “I’m not sure how to do this. I want to thank the fans. This is a great hockey community and the fans have been absolutely tremendous in their support. I’d like to thank everyone from the billets to the doctors.
”I came here knowing I had a challenge and I stepped up to the challenge.
The banners are an excellent feat. My ultimate goal was to win a Memorial
Cup, but it’s a step in the right direction for the organization.”
Nachbaur becomes the fifth head coach in Binghamton franchise history, following John Paddock (2002-05), Dave Cameron (2005-07), Cory Clouston (2007-09) and Hunt (2009).