Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2009-10 Cents Schedule Highlights:

Although the exact dates haven't been confirmed yet by the Centennials or the BCHL, here's what I do know about the 2009-10 schedule for sure.

The Centennials will open their 37th BCHL season on Friday September 11th at the Nicola Valley Memorial Arena against the Trail Smoke Eaters.

The two teams in the Interior Conference that the Cents are paired up with this season are Trail and Vernon, meaning they'll play the Smoke Eaters and Vipers seven times each. No word yet on which teams will have the four home games. (14 total games)

Merritt will face Penticton, Salmon Arm and Westside each six times, three at home and three on the road. (18 total games)

The Centennals meet Prince George, Quesnel and Williams Lake each four times, twice at home and twice on the road. (12 total games)

And since the BCHL is returning to a full interlocking schedule this season, the Cents will face Burnaby, Surrey, Langley, Alberni Valley, Cowichan Valley, Powell River, Nanaimo and Victoria twice each. (16 total games)

I should have the thoughts of head coach and GM Joey Bouchard on the schedule posted sometime tomorrow.