Monday, May 4, 2009

Birks as Head Coach? Canada's OTHER National Sport:

There have been rumblings that last season's Merritt Centennials co-coach and director of player personnel Bill Birks should be considered for the vacant head coach and GM position with the Cents. Although I don't know if Birks is being considered for the position, I know for a fact that he is interested in the job. I would think that based on his experience with the players last season, Birks will be considered for the job, but there will likely be a lot of interest from across North America. I'm sure the people involved with club (although I'm still trying to track down who'll be making these decisions) know that time is of the essence and they'll need to have someone in place sooner than later.

---

I got this email from Shauna Clinging at Merritt Printing this morning on behalf of the Nicola Valley Minor Lacrosse Association:

Midgets posted a win over Revelstoke details unavailabe at this time.

Bantam's:
Game 1: 11-8 win over Shuswap.
Goal scorers: Dallas Grismer-Voght (6), Malik Miller (4) and Kristian Stead (1).
Goaltender: Brody Tod - strong game in net

Game 2: 11-5 win over Shuswap
Goal scorers: Dallas - Grismer-Voght (5), Kristian Stead (1), Quinn Newell (1), Kenny Hartwig (1), Talon Tom (1), Malik Miller (2 and 5 assists).
Goaltender: Brody Tod - strong game in net

Highlights: Very good penalty killing in second game. Our first year players had a strong second game particularily on defence.

Peewees lost 6-3 to Revelstoke
scorers Dakota Grismer-Voght, Brayden Thormoset, Pay Beatty Smith
Nathan Lund strong game in goal.