Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cents will be on the ice in Merritt for 2009-10:

Big news from Merritt today as after months of rumours, I received confirmation that the Centennials have received the financial support from a number of local Nicola Valley businesspeople to ensure the team operates for the 2009-10 season. Spokesperson Beth Nadeau was on my morning show:

Cents new financial contributor's group spokesperson Beth Nadeau

Click here to download

In the interview, you'll notice that Beth mentions that the team has begun a search for a new head coach. Al Glendinning's contract was up at the end of March and the current Board of Directors voted to not offer him an extension.

There's likely more to come from the Cents on the situation and as soon as I know more, I'll get it on the air and on the blog. The bottom line is that there will be Centennials hockey in Merritt for sure in 2009-10 and that's the best news I could give!

1 comment: