Tuesday, February 3, 2009

**Update** Quesnel Millionaires GM & Coach Bohmer Resigns:

Big news from Quesnel this morning as head coach and GM Tom Bohmer has resigned. The official release from the Mills website is here.

This move comes as Bohmer was suspended indefinitely yesterday by the BCHL due to his conduct in Friday's 5-1 loss to Penticton.

I had a chance to talk to Geoff Ruffle, who is a member of the Millionaires Board of Directors regarding the move:

Mills Board Member Geoff Ruffle

Click here to download

With rumours of the Millionaires being sold and Bohmer's record of 42 wins in 173 games in Quesnel, it would have been a stretch at the very least to suggest that he would have been back next season. It's likely that a new ownership group of the Mills would have wanted to bring in their own coach and GM and it appears that is what's going to happen.

***UPDATE***

It looks like the First Vice-President from the Mills Board of Directors has been named the team's new head coach and GM. Nothing official from the team's point of view but under team personnel on the BCHL website, Tim Kirkham is listed as the Millionaires head coach and GM. It'll be interesting to see if Kirkham is behind the bench tomorrow night when Quesnel hosts Prince George.

1 comment:

  1. Ruffle made that appointment official on my show last night.

    ReplyDelete